Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Work To Do: Day 3 in NYC

Saturday I got a chance to walk around the city on my own. Start had to meet with an academic colleague, so I loitered around SoHo soaking up the street art and popping my head in to some galleries... lots of walking. I stopped by the 112 Greene St Studio for their "Work To Do" exhibition. Wow! Lots of artists came together for this collaborative show. Here are some of the pictures I got:



After the Green Street Studio, I found some great street art around the area. While I was admiring the work I got into a conversation with another street art enthusiast who hipped me to Ryan McGinness's work at the Deitch Project's 18 Wooster Street gallery. Taken from the artist's statement I grabbed: "[McGinness's] work combines all-over composition, inspired by Jackson Pollock and the mechanical silkscreen process inspired by Andy Warhol....McGinness's paintings reflect his own mental landscapes. His compositions reflect the infinite, ever-flowing continuum of the universe." Pics:


And, there are pics from my walk around SoHo/LES:

No comments:

Post a Comment