Friday, September 11, 2009

Ab Rude and Busdriver @ Circus

Last night Rhymesayers rapper Abstract Rude and west-coaster Busdriver stopped through Columbus with a show at Circus. Before making my way to the show I decided to take a late-night stroll through Clintonville, a neighborhood in C-Bus. While walking under a bridge I heard a loud crash, so I went up towards the road where I heard the accident. Two cars hit head on, a crowd had already started to form, and the cars were on fire. Flames were small but smoke was EVERYWHERE.

At the show, Abstract Rude killed the crowd with his unique sound, both soulful and playful... kinda like Michael Franti meets Murs... good stuff. Busdriver's quick tongue had everybody nodding there heads, jaws open from the speed of syllables flying out his mouth. The sound system was acting up at first but after that was fixed, the show turned out awesome and the crowd let the performers know we came to party. Busdriver put on a lengthy encore. I tried to shoot some video, but the sound is horrible. Oh well.

Just for fun, heres a pointless video of the two cars earlier in the night:


No comments:

Post a Comment