Sunday, February 8, 2009

Columbus... first impressions

Friday was my first full day back in Columbus. I decided to walk the OSU campus, Short North, and Arena District) to see if I could blindly find some good stickers, pastes, or graf... this is what I found on day one:














Saturday night was the monthly gallery hop on High St. I was glad to see some great work. The Kiaca Gallery (Contemporary African Art)exhibited Andre Coleman's work: large-scale portraits of jazz's legends done with graphite... very nice.

Maggie Hardin and Trish Lander's show was another great stop at the Sean Christopher Gallery at Health Perspectives. Here's a quick pic i took of Maggie's mask-inspired sculptures:


After the gallery hop, we got a bite to eat at Press Grill and then went over to Axis for Virginia West Presents: FREAKSHOW. Great performances by most of the queens, plus I got to see Penny Tration... looks like we both made the trip up from Cincy!

Over-all... a good first weekend back.

1 comment:

  1. This is an impressive blog overall.. I'm super surprised. ha.

    It's a good thing your back is messed up or I'd ask you to help me move next weekend ha ha

    Call me when you get back! *mwah*

    ReplyDelete